At Carolien Mertens, we only collect personal information that is necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you. This may include;
A) information provided by you during the registration process. This may include name, address, home or office details, email address, and other relevant identification documents;
B) information provided by when you request a service from us; and
C) credit card and/or bank payment information.
The ways that we collect personal information at Carolien Mertens includes:
- Information provided by you: This is the information that you provide us directly when you register on our website or request to use our services.
Automatically provided information: Some types of information may be automatically provided to us by your computer when you use our website. Our servers routinely recognize every user’s/visitor’s domain name or IP address, and may automatically gather information about the type of your browser and operating system, your ISP, referring and exit pages, clickstream data, and/or time and date stamp. This type of does not identify you specifically but rather helps us to enhance our website to better meet users’ needs and improve their online experience.
At Carolien Mertens, these are the ways we may use your personal information:
- to provide the event organization services that you request;
- to verify your identity or and validate transactions which you may enter into with us;
- to respond to queries, complaints or to provide you with our general customer services;
- to administer and manage the provision of our services; and
- to comply with laws and regulatory requirements including complying with any request made by a governmental authority in connection with legal proceedings or the prevention or detection of fraud and crime;
Under the following circumstances, we may disclose your personal information to the under listed third parties:
- Marketing: We may disclose your personal information to our related entities for the purposes of promoting and marketing relevant services to you, so as to keep you informed of products, services and special offers. Please note that we will not use or disclose sensitive information about you for direct marketing purposes unless you have consented to that kind of use or disclosure.
- In compliance with the law: We may disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect our rights or property.
Barring these, we will never knowingly sell, transfer or share any of your information with a third party.
We implement a variety of security measures to preserve the safety of your personal information. This includes physical, administrative, and technical safeguards. We use encryption technology to protect your personal information. You however agree that we will not be held responsible for any unauthorized access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control, as there is no hundred percent security guarantee for data transmissions over the Internet.
As most websites do, we make use of the cookies technology on our website. Such technology enables our website to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information, so that you can have an enhanced experience when you visit our Site.
You can choose turn off all cookies on your computer/device, but may not have access to many features that make our Site experience more efficient in such an event.
Our websites and services are intended for an adult audience. Thus, we will not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18, except with parental consent or as permitted by law.
You may unsubscribe from this website and its services at any time that you wish. If you wish to cancel your account, please e-mail us.
Last updated on 26 May 2017.