Intro text here
This year, you pencilled your own live event in your diary. But what does your wardrobe say about your style and persona? You want to look confident and you don’t want to worry about your outfit on the big day.
Personal stylist Hilde Fossen from “Get Style Confidence” shares her key tips on how to style yourself fabulously for your own event.
#1 Pack light…. be sure to look right!
They don’t say dress for success for nothing. With these two invaluable tips and tricks you will never have to over pack your suitcase again!
- Keep all your shoes, bags and accessories the same colour for the entire trip, be that gold, silver or black.
- Have two pairs of shoes ( colour coordinated to your accessories theme of course). One pair that perhaps has a heel or a wedge but then also a pair of super comfy (but still cute) sandals or sneakers.
Using this trick means you have more space for a different fresh and stylish outfit everyday. Compromise on space but never on style!
#2 Branding, personality and professionalism perfecting the trio!
Pick branding colours that showcase your personality and brand, so you create a mix of professionalism and personality.
Choosing the correct colours has never been easier with the help of technology: pick some colours, take a selfie and see what works best for your complexion. Never be afraid to be bold and brilliant.
It’s your time to be the hostess (host) with the mostess and set the tone for the event.
#3 Down with denim
Denim is a wardrobe staple for most. So don’t despair! We have the perfect style tips to add some je ne sais quoi and keep that denim a safe wardrobe option for any event.
- Beautiful crisp white blouses or shirts instantly add that businesslike feel.
- Blazers, blazers are the epitome of business etiquette, and a great way to enhance jeans.
- Simplicity and tradition win the fashion awards, no holes, fades, or ankle cuts. Stick to dark wash, no frills jeans.
#4 Summer sun, winter fun
Oh la la summer sun…for those summer time events colour again comes into play.
- Pick a staple colour, for example white, and run with it. So pack a white blazer, white top, white trousers as your staples.
- We are aiming for less is more, which means you can have up to 6 garments to make three fabulous outfits. A white blazer can be used for both night and day to jazz up a simple summer dress and also protect from that cool summer breeze.
The winter knitter: A must have for winter is the knitted dress. Whether your winter weapon is thick woollen knit or jersey cotton, you will be sure to steal the show.
- Dress it down in the day with some comfortable, but still stylish flat boots.
- Add a touch of fur for that authentic winter feel.
- Add a knee high boot or a boot with a heel to transform this simple knit it to a fabulous evening outfit.
- Match it with a super cute hat and scarf and you can be sure to keep warm yet stylish on those dark winter nights.
Hilde Fossen is a former fashion designer who has now fallen in love with teaching and also the online world. With her business Get Style Confidence, she helps women entrepreneurs who work online define their style and image for their videos, their website photos and also for speaking engagements and events.
You can learn more about Hilde and her work at www.getstyleconfidence.com